GetGlue gets a new UI, new features [App Updates]






getglue-logo


                              Okay, I’ll admit it. I am a social media junkie. Unlike most normal people, I don’t find one or two networks and use them exclusively. Instead, I join almost every network I hear about, and then try my best to use them all. Often, I fail at that balancing act. However, if a network has a great Android app (like Google+), I use it much more often. That’s why when a social app is updated on Android, I know about it.


This is one of those times. GetGlue, the social network that lets you check-in to TV shows, movies, books, and other media, has updated their Android app, and it looks and runs great. It comes packing a nice new UI update, which brings it up to par with the iOS application. It also seems to run a good bit faster on my device, although speed improvements aren’t mentioned in the change log.


Speaking of the change log, here is the whole thing:


  • Fresh UI around entire product

  • New Quick Rate to build up your profile

  • Sports Check-ins

  • Quickly jump between sections of the app using your device’s menu button and search from anywhere using your device’s search button (THANK YOU!)

  • Significantly reduced download size

  • Now runs on more devices, including tablets supports landscape mode

  • Foursquare support and push notifications coming soon!



In case you didn’t notice, I am happy about a couple of these changes. Particularly, I am so happy they have decided to make use of the search and menu buttons inside the app. My goodness is that update overview. They also got me excited for the fabled integration of Foursquare, so that i can check in to my movie and the theater at the same time.


What do you think of GetGlue’s new features and look? Do you use the service? Let us know how you feel by leaving a comment.


GetGlue home GetGlue recent GetGlue rate



You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Share Your Views...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Widget by:Tech22
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!